Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome The To [EVIL] Clan Gaming Community Site

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Linux Distros  (Read 2760 times)
>DG<SWAT

View Profile WWW
« on: May 21, 2006, 12:34:26 pm »

I love how Linux developers can come out with an operating system so advanced and so amazing, and yet, it can run on a 486 all the way up to a Pentium 4, and still maintain its pure integrity.  Try loading XP on a 486...cant.  Try loading old programs on a 64-bit system...cant (at least i dont think you can)

I have recently come across an AMAZING distro.  Made from the folks of the old Peanut Linux...its aLinux...an XP-like distro, that can be run literally on a 486...amazing stuff!

www.alinux.org

8one6
Regular Members

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 11:50:20 am »

Thread Necromancy!
I just wanted to say that I switched from vista to ubuntu last month and Iím having zero problems with it. Iíll never go back to windows again!

[EVIL]Frag-O-Matic
Since the begining!
Administrator

[EVIL]Frag-O-Matic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 12:26:04 am »

I loaded Ubuntu on a machine so i could play around with it and get to know it! I'm liking it so far!

AMD FX 8 core @4.3Ghz
Asus Sabertooth 990fx Rev2.0 motherboard
Corsair Domminator DDR3 480000Hz @4x8Gb/ 1.650v.
Coolermaster Copper Downpipe cooling system @
2 XFX Radeon HD7840 video card and HD7845 Capture Card
Creative XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro Series
DamnYouKlink

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 02:59:07 pm »

Unbuntu fried my laptop's fan...  needless to say, I replaced the fan and trashed Ubuntu.

............. and then only to pull it out of the trash and try it out on my Mac.  Works perfect!

--( if you got pwned by a dude with a ping of 600+, well... )--
[EVIL]Shafe
Administrator

^3S^9h^3a^9f^3e

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 10:52:43 pm »

If your looking just to try it out...

http://wubi-installer.org/
No need to burn a CD. Just run the installer, enter a password for the new account, and click "Install", go grab a coffee, and when you are back, Ubuntu will be ready for you.
Wubi is Safe

You keep Windows as it is, Wubi only adds an extra option to boot into Ubuntu. Wubi does not require you to modify the partitions of your PC, or to use a different bootloader, and does not install special drivers. It works just like any other application. Wubi is free of spyware and malware, and being open source, anyone can verify that.
Wubi is Discrete

Wubi keeps most of the files in one folder, and if you do not like it, you can simply uninstall it as any other application.
Wubi is Free

Wubi and Ubuntu cost absolutely nothing (free as in beer), but yet provide a state of the art, fully functional, operating system that does not require any activation and does not impose any restriction on its use (free as in freedom).

I actually run this exclusively on most of my windows machines, including my laptop.

LAz87
[EVIL]Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 12:15:51 pm »

WINE!  is where it is at.

[EVIL]Frag-O-Matic
Since the begining!
Administrator

[EVIL]Frag-O-Matic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 11:01:39 pm »

WINE!  is where it is at.

Dont whine!

AMD FX 8 core @4.3Ghz
Asus Sabertooth 990fx Rev2.0 motherboard
Corsair Domminator DDR3 480000Hz @4x8Gb/ 1.650v.
Coolermaster Copper Downpipe cooling system @
2 XFX Radeon HD7840 video card and HD7845 Capture Card
Creative XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro Series
[EVIL]Overlord
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 07:40:51 pm »

Thx for the link Shafe, I've been curious about it and this might just be the ticket

WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=250 PLAY=TRUE LOOP=TRUE QUALITY=HIGH][/EMBED][/OBJECT][!--End Flash--]

Behold the [EVIL] horse, and the man who sat upon him was Overlord, and HELL followed with him

CRY HAVOC!! AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR!!!

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
        John Stuart Mill
        English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: